Monday, October 20, 2008

The Dosa Theory

Fermented Batter made out of a right mixture of rice and lentils, spread on and fried with oil or ghee on a hot skillet….
All Dosa lovers…. Am sure your mouth must be watering now….
We all know how there are different kind of dosa’s.
Wait before you jump in to the conclusion that this blog is about different kinds of dosa’s,

NO it is not.
It’s about Masala Dosa and the way people savor it……

The wiki on Masala dosa says…
“A Masala dosa is made by stuffing a dosa with a lightly cooked filling of potatoes , fried onions and spices
.”

So now what is the big hulla about some theory about Masala dosa…?
Well I am an ardent fan of Dosa’s… specifically Masala Dosa…
This theory was formed as I was enjoying my Dosa’s at various hotels and Darshini’s in and around Bangalore…

Does the style of eating a Masala dosa reveal anything about a person’s nature?
Hmm you might be asking what are these different ways of eating dosa?

I have grouped them in to three categories…

The Chippers

These are the ones who do not open the dosa but chip away the dosa along the side…. And savor it first with chutney and later with the stuffing…

The Attackers
They attack the dosa right in between but with out spreading it open… and thus enjoying the dosa with the stuffing…

The Openers
These people open the dosa wrapping and then savor their dosa’s with the stuffing…

Now what’s the big deal about this…?

Well, while I was thinking on this it flashed to me whether does this mean anything to the nature of the person?
I mean does his style of eating dosa reflect on any character if the person… I don’t know so here are my thoughts on this… Let me know if this is true…

The Chippers:
These people like to start with the loose ends and the work their way towards the problem.
They make decisions on the go and are very fast decision makers (Well not necessarily the right ones)
Their decisions change often based on the circumstances and they generally do not remorse for taking a particular decision.

The Attackers:
They are the go getters they want to get in to the root of the problems and then work around solving the issues and closing the loose ends…
They exactly know what to look for in a problem and usually use their past experience in identifying the root cause of the problem.

The Openers:
These people are more patient than the above lot, they would like to evaluate all their options before making a decision.
They are more oriented towards knowing the boundaries and believe more on doing proper planning before they take up any tasks…

So now guys…
Let me know which category you fall in to.


If the above character description does not match yours then I need to either update the above or you need to change your dosa eating style ;) (Kidding... )


For anything do leave a comment…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This seems to be quite judgemental. What i feel is the one who attack in the middle are just waiting to have a grab at the dosa. people in the other category just want to savour every bite :D

Anonymous said...

Maga... I fall into The Attackers category... now it up to you see what you have formulated is right or wrong..... I don't know damn thing about myself...

The reason why I eat from the middle (The Attacker in your words) is just to make sure I get the stuffing evenly for each and every bite of my Dosa.

With the categories you have made... I could co-relate with some manly thing ;) ... Do you see what I'm telling???

sudarshan said...

There is going to be one more category! Not the attackers, not the openers; but, more close to chippers - not exactly the chippers too. Those who eat the dosa from left to right or R to L. They savor the sides with chutney till they get the stuffing; then have with the stuffings till it lasts and then go back to chutney for the remaining of the dosa!! Howz this?? ;-) I fall under this category!! :-D