Sunday, November 29, 2009

Above the white ocean

It was time.... almost 4:15 am on Saturday morning. I was late per my plan of leaving home by about 15 mins. I was all packed and ready. Called up Arun and ensured that he was awake. Had the last cup of coffee at home for a long time to come. Nithin was awake and he helped me bring down the luggage..... Did a last minute check on the Passport, visa and currency all was as expected. So, there I was ready to leave home after a long time for a short time. Enroute picked up Arun and was on the Airport road with some good music playing.

Reached the airport well within time and then did a quick weight check (Oh not mine.... I meant the baggage) This is one of the good things that the airport authority folks have done. Having a weighing machine outside the departure gate. I remembered the first time I was travelling and the confusion I was in during the luggage checkin as one of my bag was overweight. After adjusting my luggages for the weight issues I was all set to enter. Bid Adieu to Arun and Nithin and I was on my way. At the counter, after answering a few customary questions, I was given my boarding passes and was through the security checks. Once near the gate, went to a book store and helped myself with the classic. Jules Verne's "Around the World in Eighty Days". The flight started boarding as planned, however a technical glitch saw to it that we were delayed by 20 mins.

Finally, all was set and we took off (Docomo dinn happen as well) Breakfast was served and I devoured myself on the adventures of Phileas Fogg, Passpertout and Auodha. The 10 hour flight was better than I had expected (Except for no DoCoMo). We were view flying at 38000 ft altitude gave a different view of the land below, we flew just parallel to Bombay and entered Iran, here land looked like crumpled brown cloth with white and blue (Snow and Water) design patterns. We then passed over The Dead Sea (Why do they call this?? I have no clue !!!!) flew past Germany and approached London. As we were flying above london all I could see was an ocean of white clouds and ours seemed like a sailing above it, it was an amazing view which cannot be described in words. Phileas Fogg had reached back to the reform club and we landed. Jules Verne did not let me keep the book down even for a moment.

We landed in London about 30 mins late and had to rush through security check to get to the gate. The next flight was ready and got on board. I had a better seat than the previous flight (well no Docomo here too!!!), had lunch and dozed off, was woken up by flight attendants while they serves the snack and we were already close to Phoenix.

Got out of flight, cleared immigration and found myself a cab and was in my hotel. Took a couple of videos from the Hotel DVD library and switched on Entrapment and I got entrapped in my sleep.

Oh ya... made noodles today for dinner... I mean Maggi Atta Noodles.. Easy to make yummy to eat !!!!

2 comments:

Ranju said...

hey
whats this docomo??

Pradeep said...

Do you remember the docomo ad??